Hat hire policy
HAT HIRE TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- Collection in person of hired headpieces from usually takes place on Tuesday each week by appointment only. Customers are asked to contact me on the Monday of the week of your event to arrange a suitable collection time.
- Collection of headpieces being delivered by An Post is usually scheduled for Mondays and Tuesdays where the booking is for that weekend. No guarantee is given as to the delivery time but normally delivery is 1-2 days and you will receive a Tracking Number.
- In the unlikely event a piece that is due to be hired out, is returned damaged to us beforehand, a full refund or offer to switch to another design will be offered. Please take into consideration that not everyone looks after items correctly and a damaged piece is possible.
- HIRE DURATION is usually for six days , and the headpiece MUST be returned (or posted/couriered) back on the next working day after the event date. If the headpiece is not returned within this period, there will be an extra charge for an extra hire, and the Refundable Security Deposit may be forfeited in full or in part. Arrangements can be made in advance for a longer hire duration by agreement. If you decide you need the hat for longer, just let me know as soon as possible and i can adjust your payment accordingly. This would depend on dates the hat is already booked out for.
- Once a headpiece has been booked, a refund will not be given for the hire fee if the booking is cancelled. However, provided that at least 7 days notice is given before the booked date, a credit for the hire fee paid will be given for a cancellation which can be used towards another hire by that customer within the following 12 months. This credit is not transferable. Once a headpiece has been collected for hire or delivered, it is considered a hire, even if it not worn or your event is cancelled and there will be no refund.
- All hat boxes must be returned and in the same condition as when collected. Please do not attach tape etc to the box. When returning a hat by Courier, the hat box must be wrapped in protective packaging prior to attaching the shipping label. Part of the Refundable Security Deposit may be forfeited if the Hat Box has been damaged due to not being wrapped prior to shipping.
- The REFUNDABLE SECURITY will be on safe return of the headpiece (and hat box), provided it is returned in the same condition to that in which it was hired. In cases where the headpiece is not returned or there is damage to the headpiece (including grease, make-up, tears, rain damage, or damage to or loss of embellishment) or if it is not returned within the hire duration, the deposit will not be refunded. While Irish weather is always unpredictable, care should be taken not to expose a hat/headpiece to the rain and it should be kept under an umbrella at all times as all hats/headpieces are very vulnerable if subjected to rain. If a headpiece is damaged beyond repair, the customer will obliged to pay the cost of replacement and the security deposit will be taken into account in calculating the balance payable.
- Hat can be returned by An Post Registered Post paid for by the client). Registered Post ensures that the hat is insured by An Post whilst in transit.
- If returning a headpiece by registered post or courier, headpieces must be packaged securely (and insured to the value with proof of postage if by registered post). Until the headpiece is received back safely it is the responsibility of the hirer.
Damage and repairs: When you hire a hat from us, the deposit you pay would only cover minor repairs. If you’d like to know the cost of replacing the hat, in the unlikely event the hat is lost, stolen or damaged beyond economical repair, just ask me.
‘Damage’ includes loss of decorations or embellishments; marks or spoilage from water, oil or make-up, and scratches or material tears. If you return a hat with damage but I believe it can be repaired, you agree to pay for the repairs.
If you return a hat with damage that means i can’t hire it out again, you agree to pay the full cost of replacement. I don’t deduct the hire charge from this cost.Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest